Granola makes a quick breakfast or snack, especially when traveling. Here is basic granola recipe. Try other variations to get a granola that just right for you.
4 cups raw buckwheat groats
1 cup whole flax seeds
1 cup un-hulled sesame seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup raw unsweetened shredded coconut
2 cups raisins
3 cups dates pitted
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Soak buckwheat groats, sunflower seeds, and pumpkins seeds 8 hrs (or overnight). Rinse and drain.
- Soak sesame seeds 6-8 hrs. Rinse and drain.
- Soak flax 6-8 hrs.
4. Combine buckwheat groats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seed, flax, coconut, and raisins.
5. Use and blender or food process to chop dates with about 1 cup water. And cinnamon and blend.
6. Add the date mixture to the granola and stir.
7. Spread evenly on dehydrator trays.
8. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 24 hrs it until dry.
9. Store in jars or ziplock bags. Store in the freezer if you won’t eat soon or if you are concerned that it is not fully dried.
Notes: Buckwheat is gluten free. Consider an extra step of sprouting the grains to add additional nutrients. The coconut and raisins are optional. You could also add chopped apples. Use fewer dates and eliminate raisins and coconut for less sugar content. Sometimes I also add sprouted millet or soaked oatmeal. It will clump together as it dries, so you will have to break it apart into crumbles. This recipe makes a ton of granola, feel free to half the recipe.
Enjoy! And please comment if you make this recipe or a modified version! 😊